"Follow the Child" Dr. Marie Montessori
The KinderRead Approach
Enter the Magical World of Children and KinderRead Where Learning to Read Is Fun!
We provide the right materials for those "teachable moments".
These Early Readers contain three sturdy board books which introduce a simple controlled vocabulary; few words are introduced in Book 1, then reinforced and new words are added in Books 2 and 3. Finally, a "play book" with games and activities in Book 4 reinforce the illustrated words. This gives children confidence and a head start when they are most sensitive to learning, and reading takes place most easily.
Dr. Marie Montessori, a famous educator,
believed that children can take their first
steps in connecting meaning to the written
word before formal schooling begins. With
her techniques, she was able to bring even
special need students up to grade level.
Early Readers with a relaxing, non threatening, almost self-taught approach
Red, Green, Yellow, Book 1
Double click here to add text.
Give Your Child a Head Start
The Fun and a Non-Intimidating Self-Teaching Approach to Reading
1. Begins with approachable basic words and related illustrations with just a few minutes of "reading" time together.
2. Builds confidence & self-esteem with word repetition and recognition..
3. Gradually builds upon basic vocabulary and
reading skills in an almost self-teaching mode.
4. Allows for self-pacing and exploration in the learn-to-read journey.
5. Author Mary Shapiro, M.Ed, Reading & Lang. Arts